The Gaudium geckos organise an Integrated fund-raising event ‘Farmers Market’
“Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” – Brian Tracy.
We at The Gaudium believe in the creative entrepreneurship of our geckos and we try to create opportunities where they will get a chance to shape their own lives with conviction and courage. We encourage them to showcase their skills, talent, nerve and uniqueness. The farmer’s Market provides them the platform to hone and perfect their skills in a real life situation and also strengthens their commitment towards charity.
Every year this event is gaining momentum encouraging our geckos to showcase their skills and creativity to make this donation drive event a success to raise funds for the underprivileged.
This mega event was organised on 6th October 2018 at our Kollur Campus amidst the presence of the entire Gaudium Family and many guests who came to encourage our Geckos and contribute for this fundraiser. Our guests were enthralled to see our grade 3 to 9 geckos manage and market their respective stalls while serving everyone with a smile and greeting. While the geckos entertained our guests by the Flash Mob routine, their energy was infectious and many of our guests joined and encouraged their spirit. The crowd milling around the campus brought a tinge a new tinge of life and positive vibe to our campus. Many of the participants could be seen dressed in the colourful and playful attire of villagers so in a way The Farmer’s Market had a costume party feel to it as well and our guests really enjoyed the vibe.
Highlights of the event were:
- The musical band which kept the environment lively where our geckos showcased their talent by playing different instruments and signing songs. There were group singing performances as well.
- Vegetable stalls were there where our geckos came dressed as farmers and sold the vegetables, seeds and saplings replicating the market feel of an actual hamlet.
- The mehendi corner right under the tamarind tree lent a real touch of village life where gossip and creativity of the art of henna drawings could mingle freely.
- This time we also had a House of Horrors and the snaking queue in front of it bore testimony of its success.
- The tiny tots and their families as also all participants of the Market could be enjoying themselves and taking selfies with innovative props in the Selfie corner.
- Our creative stalls were a super hit where the geckos and facilitators displayed their DIY (do it yourself) articles which included – Jewellery, gift articles, decorative pieces, sculptures all made from waste encouraging everyone to utilise their resources wisely and creatively
- No market-place can be complete without food stalls where you would like to relish some delicious snacks after a long walk around. So the geckos made and served Sandwiches, Bakery items, Pav bhaji, chaats, salads, juices and all our guests relished their favourite food and drink.
- Variety of games kept the guests involved and horse and camel ride was the highlight. Apart from being a refreshment, it created excitement amongst the kids adding a feel of a real village market.
The culmination of months of effort and planning was rewarding due to the active participation of every member who contributed and graced the event with their presence leading to a roaring success for The Gaudium School.