The SAT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test created and administered by the College Board. College Board is an independent established non-profit organization owns and manages SAT examinations. Many colleges require scores from the SAT test as a part of the admissions process.
The purpose of the SAT is to measure a high school student’s readiness for college and provide colleges with one common data point that can be used to compare all applicants. College admissions officers will review standardized test scores alongside your high school GPA, the classes you took in high school, letters of recommendation from teachers or mentors, extracurricular activities, admissions interviews, and personal essays.
A brief about SAT benefits:
- It improves your English reading, writing and holds the scope of improving your English speaking skills.
- It improves your numerical knowledge.
- SAT results are considered for scholarship/endowment.
- Compared to other entrance exams, the fee for the SAT is not very high
- Most colleges in the United States accept the SAT for under graduation level degrees.
- SAT prepares a student with the basic level knowledge in English and Math.
- Scoring is considerably easy.
- Expands general knowledge along with improving history and social science knowledge.
The Gaudium School is the center to conduct the PSAT, SAT and AP Exams.
The SAT test center number : 63248.
The Gaudium school CEEB Code: 671258.
In conclusion, SAT examination is to evaluate an individual’s ability in English and Math’s which is one of the requirements for college enrollment.
Guidelines for upcoming SAT exam – December 2, 2023 (Saturday)
- Students must report at the Test Centre by 7:15 AM to ensure sufficient time for the check-in process. The examination will start at 8:00 AM.
- Parents/Guardians need to drop off their ward at the designated point and are not allowed inside the campus.
- Students will queue up at the designated area to get their temperature checked, sign the self-declaration form (available at the counter), display the admission ticket, and display original valid Passport/Aadhaar Card.
- Please use hand sanitizers placed at the entry point & outside the examination rooms.
- No gathering of students will be allowed in the hallways during the breaks.
- Students will have access only to the examination area & will not be allowed in other areas of campus.
- If any candidate fails to meet the temperature check, is unable to sign the self-declaration form, does not have a valid admission ticket and ID proof he/ she will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- School address: The Gaudium School – Kollur Campus, Velimela Village, Ramachandrapuram Mandal, Medak District – 502300, Telangana State, India
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS TO BE CARRIED BY STUDENTS
- Your fully charged testing device with the Bluebook™ application installed (see detailed device requirements).
- Your up-to-date admission ticket.
- Acceptable photo ID – Hard copy of original Valid Passport (Not Expired) AND/OR Hard copy of original Aadhar.
- Pencils or pens for scratch work.
- An acceptable calculator for use on the Math section of the test (there will be an embedded calculator available to use within Bluebook)
- Snacks and Transparent water bottle
What to Bring on Digital SAT Test Day – SAT Suite (collegeboard.org)
Prohibited Devices – SAT Suite | College Board
- Mobile phones (which can be used to present the admission ticket, but after check-in must be collected or stored away from desks), smartwatches, fitness trackers, or other wearable technology (simple digital non-smartwatches or analog watches are acceptable)
- A second laptop, other computer, or tablet
- Audio players or recorders, notebooks, Bluetooth devices (such as wireless earbuds/headphones), or any other personal computing devices not used as the testing device.
- Separate timers of any type
- Cameras or any other photographic equipment
- Highlighters or colored pencils
- Books or references of any kind except as approved as an English language learner support for in-school administrations.
- Compasses, rulers, protractors, or cutting devices.
- Papers of any kind, including scratch paper
- Unacceptable calculators that have computer-style (QWERTY) keyboards, use paper tape, make noise, or use a power cord.
- Privacy screens
- Weapons or firearms
Please note that we will not be able to provide a backup laptop in case your device malfunctions, so ensure that you get your laptop in a working condition.
Please revert if you have any further questions.
SAT Coordinator – Ms. Mahitha Sammeta – email@example.com